CCNE is pushing for racial and economic justice on multiple fronts:
Or make a donation.
- Piping Up: Employees, prepare to meet your employers (Jobs Pipeline), November 14, 2012
- “Advocates Call For CT To Move Forward With A Public Option In Wake Of Decision”, June 30, 2012
- 2,000 join “Let’s Get to Work” march for Jobs Pipeline, good jobs at Yale, April 26, 2012
- New Hope for New Haven, February 15, 2012
- Occupy (New Haven’s) Wall Street March & Rally, 12/06/11, January 12, 2012
- “Building an Inclusive Prosperity” (CCNE Report & Community Leaders Meeting), December 13, 2011
May Day 2013: March for Immigrants' & Workers' rights
5:00 pm – 6:45 pm
"We are a nation of immigrants fighting together for good jobs, unity and peace"
Join CCNE & our allies to March & rally for real immigration reform, ending deportations, and equal rights for all workers!
Gather / reunirse 5:00 pm
Todos a la calle! — Marcha y rally por una verdadera reforma migratoria, un alto a las deportaciones, y derechos iguales para todos l@s trabajadores.
Amistad Catholic Worker, Colombia Action CT, Connecticut AFL-CIO, Connecticut Immigrant Rights Alliance (CIRA), East Haven Immigrant Community, Greater New Haven Labor History Association, JUNTA for Progressive Action, Latino Advocacy Foundation of Fairfield County, Mecha de Yale, Ministerio de Hermandad, New Elm City Dream, New Haven Friends Meeting, New Haven People's Center, New Haven Peace Council, New Haven Rising, Seminarians for a Democratic Society, SEIU local 1199, SEIU 32BJ, UE, Unidad Latina en Acción - New Haven Worker's Association, UNITE HERE
Save HUSKY-A! Rally & lobby day to protect health care for low-income families
The Affordable Care Act will make health coverage available to hundreds of thousands of Connecticut residents. But in Governor Malloy's budget proposal, 37,500* parents who now get comprehensive health care through HUSKY will lose it -- unless we act NOW.
We need our legislators to stand up and defend HUSKY health care. Act now, tell your legislators:
Health Reform is supposed to be about more people getting better health care, NOT about people losing benefits or becoming uninsured. *Don't cut HUSKY parents!*
TAKE ACTION NOW: Join the Rally & meet with legislators at the Capitol (short training & materials provided)